Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPI3 and osmc
Hi I have osmc installed on my pi, have it up and running on my tv  and have now purchased a ipvanish account.  I followed the instructions here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/configure-vpn-on-osmc/ and it  seems like everything is working as I received a Initialization Sequence Completed message but  I have a couple questions:

1.  Once I have run the "sudo openvpn...."  command and enter my username and password I notice I cannot go back to the command prompt unless i disconnect from the VPN service with ctrl C.  Is there another way other than opening up a separate SSH?

2.How can i check if my IP address is being rerouted, I ran the hostname -T command and it came back with 3 different ip addresses, the  first one was correct and I don't recognize  the next 2.

I have attached a pic to help

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-05-2017, 02:37 AM)Outpost31d Wrote: Hi I have osmc installed on my pi, have it up and running on my tv  and have now purchased a ipvanish account.  I followed the instructions here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/configure-vpn-on-osmc/ and it  seems like everything is working as I received a Initialization Sequence Completed message but  I have a couple questions:

1.  Once I have run the "sudo openvpn...."  command and enter my username and password I notice I cannot go back to the command prompt unless i disconnect from the VPN service with ctrl C.  Is there another way other than opening up a separate SSH?

2.How can i check if my IP address is being rerouted, I ran the hostname -T command and it came back with 3 different ip addresses, the  first one was correct and I don't recognize  the next 2.

I have attached a pic to help

Thanks for any help!
Hi,

1. I just open putty twice, but there might be another solution.

2. First off check your external ip from ipleak.net in your browser. 
From the terminal on your Pi type curl ipinfo.io/ip to display the external ip on your pi.

from your picture i see you are tunneling from your internal ip 192.168.xx over your 192.168.xxx router, to your vpn's external ip.

i Hope i have answered your questions.

Have a nice day.
Thanks, you totally answered my question.  Is there a way to initialize this on boot?
(01-07-2017, 12:08 AM)Outpost31d Wrote: Thanks, you totally answered my question.  Is there a way to initialize this on boot?

yes i found a solution for this problem and i am in the process of making an article about this, which will be on the site as soon as possible.