Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using an IR remote with Android Stick systems
Does anyone have a good solution for using an IR remote with an Android Stick computer for Kodi?  

I have a USB IR receiver (that came with a cheap remote) that mimics keyboard presses, and it worked well with my Windows system.  However with the Android Stick it's very unresponsive, not recognizing key presses about 3/4 of the time and often getting stuck on a keypress (for example I would press left on the remote and the menus would just keep going left as though the key were stuck down).  I've confirmed that it's not the remote causing it, but something with the IR receiver and how Android is dealing with it as a keyboard input.
(10-22-2015, 12:23 AM)redeno3 Wrote: Does anyone have a good solution for using an IR remote with an Android Stick computer for Kodi?  

I have a USB IR receiver (that came with a cheap remote) that mimics keyboard presses, and it worked well with my Windows system.  However with the Android Stick it's very unresponsive, not recognizing key presses about 3/4 of the time and often getting stuck on a keypress (for example I would press left on the remote and the menus would just keep going left as though the key were stuck down).  I've confirmed that it's not the remote causing it, but something with the IR receiver and how Android is dealing with it as a keyboard input.

Have you tried this: http://www.htpcbeginner.com/simple-cheap...e-control/

It works great with my Fire TV (and other Android players I have tried) and Harmony Remote. With my old harmony 520 I would get multiple keypresses sent for one press. With harmony 650 I do not have that problem but I would say the receiver is more sensitive than usual. All my kodi boxes have this IR remote and I am quite happy with it.