Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MP3 stream" problem
hi, new to this so please excuse me if I act dumb Big Grin
I have a wetek box running ? Openelec  (official) 6.0.3
It was happily playing and downloading music files using "MP3 streams" until earlier this week 

Now it won't play or download anything new  (although it will happily play previously downloaded music)

I tried downloading MP3 Audio and using that, but no joy 

Other apps in the MUSIC directory - iheartradio wont open, listen live.eu will open but won't play, yet "kiis fm" works fine 

To the best of my knowledge, I didn't change any settings

Ps... VIDEOS works fine 

Any ideas 

Regards Simon
Hello,

Music addons can be negatively impacted by changes in the connection speed. Make sure you are not experiencing any delays with regards to your internet connection.

MP3 streams also has two options you should tweak to improve performance. On the MP3 streams configuration, disable the "Choose the Golden path" option and make sure that Use alternative Gotham playing method is enabled. Hope it helps!
(06-22-2016, 03:11 PM)Alejandro Wrote: Hello,

Music addons can be negatively impacted by changes in the connection speed. Make sure you are not experiencing any delays with regards to your internet connection.

MP3 streams also has two options you should tweak to improve performance. On the MP3 streams configuration, disable the "Choose the Golden path" option and make sure that Use alternative Gotham playing method is enabled. Hope it helps!

Thanks for that

My download speeds seem to be fine 20 Mbps average and I've done what you have suggested previously but to no avail

Is MP3 streams still up and working okay, it almost seems like the app isn't functioning correctl! Or has been taken off line ?
So far, this addon seems to be working normally. At least it was, last time I checked.

You could try with some other addons for music. Try the Kodi TuneIn Radio addon or the Kodi SoundCloud addon, and keep trying with MP3 streams from time to time to see if the issue is resolved; sometimes connection problems might be on the external network.

Hope it helps!