Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation first timer
Trying to install Kodi for first time onto a new Amazon Fire TV

All of the guides show screen shot that are different to confgig screen I get.
I downloaded KODI  16.1
Set up Amazon Fire TV so it is working and internet connection running, and obtained ip address
Set the ADB debug & accept unknown programs to on
Downloaded adbFire 2.03

I tried to follow guide - http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-kodi...fire-tv/2/

It says click on 'new'   but the screen shot is different ....
on mine I get entries for Kodi Partition set as default to /sdcard/
Do I have to have an sd card in place to do teh install ..... if not what do I enter in that fiied ?

[Image: Untitled_zpshpx9hxna.jpg]

Assume that I may have a newer adbFire version, anything else different for the install?
Hello, as far as I can tell, adbFire is offering you the option to choose the installation path within your Android device. Try using / as partition, it will install all files starting from the Android root. Otherwise, select a directory within your Android device, where you know you will have Kodi installed. To get the folder address you could also use ES File Explorer, it shows on top of the screen I think (at least on one of the latest versions I used)

Let us know how it goes, hope it helps!
I just installed as is ... its working OK.

I also installed addons installer & the recommended pack.

Do I need Firestarter, and will it work with current FireTV f/ware, read Amazon now blacklisted it.
Hello I was given a MiniX 8h Plus it is not loading shows it runs XBMC I need to update to 16.1 (android) What steps do I take getting all the way to that version?

And how do I backup what is already on it?
(05-08-2016, 01:34 PM)Sargan Wrote: I just installed as is ... its working OK.

I also installed addons installer & the recommended pack.

Do I need Firestarter, and will it work with current FireTV f/ware, read Amazon now blacklisted it.

Hello, yes indeed FireStarter is blacklisted. Try starting Kodi from the Recent Apps menu.