Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ainol pc - Openelec
Hello Friends,
I was wondering if anyone was able to install openelec on an Ainol mini pc?
I managed to get to the BIOS settings but for some reason the pc can't boot from the USB - I think it's locked for some good reason.

If there's any way to unlock it, I'd love to know.

Thank you in advance. 

BR

Blknom1
Hello, thanks for commenting.

I don't see why booting from USB would be locked but I tried something similar with my laptop some days ago actually, and it turns out some options on the BIOS are unlocked once you set a supervisor password.

If your BIOS has this option, I would suggest looking into setting a password, and this should enable further boot options. This being said, I haven't had much experience with the BIOS on Ainol Mini PC, so please take this advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks!
(03-10-2016, 09:34 PM)Alejandro Wrote: Hello, thanks for commenting.

I don't see why booting from USB would be locked but I tried something similar with my laptop some days ago actually, and it turns out some options on the BIOS are unlocked once you set a supervisor password.

If your BIOS has this option, I would suggest looking into setting a password, and this should enable further boot options. This being said, I haven't had much experience with the BIOS on Ainol Mini PC, so please take this advice with a grain of salt.

Thanks!
Thank you Alejandro! 
I will look into it later on today.  

Cheers.
Alright. Please keep us posted!